Saturday, March 25, 2006

After Tubingen and Stutgart I went to Berlin with German Wings. It was a great adventure since we were late and my uncle Levent was driving a little fast. The funniest thing was we would have been early but my new camera took his attention and he missed the turn for the airport! We had to take the next turn and return back :) Well still we managed. But since my uncle had called to ask for the terminal we ran to the terminal three but we found out that german wings was in terminal 2!!!! Anyway wer made it and took my ticket and my uncle left me under a sign saying only passingers can go from this point! Guess what? He walked away and I looked at the glass door infront of me and it was locked! I looked to right and left and saw a door at the end of a small corridor... Walk slowly looking back and forth and opened the door. All the airport was shaking with the alarms!!! wrong door :))) When I walked back through the corridor I saw a handsome guard walking to me. I asked him why you put a sign here if this is not the way! He said it is an exit but temporarily closed.

Anyway I took the plane and in Berlin I went to Mitte's backpackers hostel. It was also funny because I didn't understand that the ticket machine was "touch the screen" machine and I was getting crazy and nearly missing the train to the city... Well I managed.




The hostel was a cute and funny place.
Each room was decorated in a story stile.


Here you see some of the doors...


Well the most interesting detail from the hostel was the tv on the wall where there were couches for backpackers to sit and talk... And I loved the dragonflys too!!!!

The next day I visited the WZB center which had a great effect on my current carrier. For my first research was their project and I learned so many things and enjoyed the social statistics due to this research project.

And I visited an exhibition called "melancholi" about the melancholi in arts... Very melancholic... :) Posted by Picasa