Saturday, July 08, 2006

The poets...


The small district of town Bodrum, Yalikavak is famous for its windmills. These are historical remainings and it gives you a clue how the weather is in this sea cost: Windy!!!
Unfourtunately I realised I forgot to take a picture of the windmill since I was fully involved in the Windmill art, culture and sports festival taking place around the mill...
The festival days were usually sport contest and things for the youth but the nights were a lot of fun with concerts, shows and fireworks.

In the evenings there were the poetry hours where I met great writers, poets and a singer who all seem to be creating a change in my life. We enjoyed with them a lot of prose and poetry as well as Turkish Raki (Alchololic drink made of anason) , fresh fish, songs and a day of blue travel-yatch tour.
The most beautiful thing about meeting with these literate people was not the new things I learned, or the moments I shared but the way they saw me- a future writer and a poet, when I read them my poems and writings... In every new people I met I find something of me. Maybe the butterflies inside me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home